Kurmitola General Hospital’s construction work had started within the year 2004 and completed in 2011. It was inaugurated by H.E. Sheikh Hasina, The Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh on 13 May 2012. This hospital started outdoor service in 12 November 2012 and indoor service in 16 June 2013.
The objectives of this hospital, to provide medical treatment for all citizens of the country, to provide emergency and life-saving treatment to the road traffic accident victims of the nearby area, provide “on job training’’ to the internees and practical training to the cadets of AFMC and AFMI. It acts because of the teaching hospital for soldiers medical school.
This hospital is a twelve storied building including two basements. It has nine lacs sq. feet area, whose sixty percent are now being used and the rest 40 percent are unutilized. This 500 bedded hospital remains occupied with 500-550 indoor patients every day.
In the indoor, Kurmitula Hospital is also providing service on some specialties like Oncology, Nephrology, Urology, Hepatology, Burn and Plastic surgery. In Operation theater service, we are performing operations of all subjects except Neuro, Cardiac and chest surgery.
Appointment & Booking Method & Contacts
- Kurmitola General Hospital (500 bedded) Address: New Airport Road, Kurmitola, Dhaka Cantonment, Dhaka-1206.
- Phone: +8802 55062350 (For Emergency) 55062201, 55062349 (8am to 3pm)
- Mobile: 01557 247707,01769010200 (8am to 3pm)
- Fax Number: 55062202 (Friday & Govt Holyday Off)
- E-mail:[email protected] , [email protected]
- Website: www.kgh.gov.bd