Last Updated on February 10, 2021 by Aminul Haque Shahin
iBAS++ (Integrated Budget and Accounting System) is an integrated ﬁnancial management information system for the Government of Bangladesh.
It is a centralized, Internet and Oracle-based software, which allows budget preparation, budget distribution to the ﬁeld ofﬁces, fund release, re-appropriation, online submission of pay and other bills, payment processing through EFT, cheques and payment order, accounting of all receipts and payment of the government, automated bank reconciliation, etc.
The system will provide a complete picture of the ﬁnancial assets and liabilities of the government at a given point of time after the complete implementation of the system. iBAS++ has the following four key modules:
- Budget Preparation
- Budget Execution
- General Ledger
Budget Preparation Modules
iBAS++ allows preparation of the national budget using Medium Term Budget Framework (MTBF) paradigm with the following key activities:
- Implementation of resource ceilings for different levels of the organization
- Capturing detailed estimation and projection for operational units and ﬁeld-level ofﬁces
- Generation of various ﬁnancial statements and analysis for presentation to the parliament
- Multidimensional analysis of budget versus actual
iBAS++ offers design ﬂexibility, which will allow incorporating Forward Baseline Estimation (FBE) and other future changes in budget preparation. The module is being used down to Directorates for preparing a budget for 2016-17. DDO (budget holder) level budget preparation will be introduced in 2017-18. Key Users of the Module:
- Finance Division
- Line Ministries/Divisions
- Field Offices
- Autonomous Bodies
Budget Execution Modules
The operation of budget execution module starts after budget is approved by the parliament. The module helps perform the following activities:
- Budget distribution to the subordinate/ ﬁeld ofﬁces
- Breaking of development budget from summary to detail economic codes
- Release of fund for development projects and development programs ﬁnanced by revenue budget in order to help cash management
- Re-appropriation based on delegation of ﬁnancial power
- Recording of quarterly Budget Implementation Plan (BIP) and corresponding actual progress
This module is being piloted in a directorate. Key User of the Module:
- Finance Division
- Line Ministries/Divisions
- Autonomous Bodies
This module provides the following facilities:
- Online submission of all types of bills by ﬁeld ofﬁces
- Online budget control registers for budget holders
- Online bill status query
- Bill and payment (EFT, cheques, payment orders) processing in accounting ofﬁces and automatic update of various registers and ledgers
- Automatic update of sub-ledgers for GPF, and loans and advances, and access of the employees to those ledgers
- Automated service records and Last Pay Certiﬁcate (LPC)
- Automatic calculation of employee salary based on an employee database maintained in iBAS++, and loans and advance records
- Electronic interface with treasury banks and automatic bank re-conciliaﬁons
- Pension payment through Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) using a pension database
- Statutory reports like Finance Accounts and Appropriation Accounts
- A wide range of ﬁnancial analysis based on classiﬁcation codes
This module is being rolled out to accounting ofﬁces after successful parallel-run. Key Users of the Module:
- Controller General of Accounts
- Chief Accounting Ofﬁces
- District Accounting Ofﬁces
- Upazilla Accounting Ofﬁces
- Drawing and Disbursement Ofﬁcers
- Self-drawing Ofﬁcers
General Ledger Modules
Budgetary and accounting controls (e.g., budget checking) are enforced by this module at the backend. It helps provide an updated picture of ﬁnancial assets and liabilities, as well as ﬁnancial ﬂows.
Key Improvements of iBAS++
iBAS is a distributed system running with the WAN of Finance Division, whereas iBAS++ is a centralized and Internet-based system. iBAS is a transaction capturing system without a General Ledger; as a result, it lacks essential budgetary and accounting controls. On the other hand, iBAS++ is a General Ledger based system with budgetary and accounting control provisions. iBAS does not have provision for budget distribution, fund release and re-appropriation, which iBAS++ provides.
Features of iBAS++
Features of the iBAS++ include the following:
- Centralized server/databases
- Web-based with access to all
- At par with international Government Financial Management Information System (GFMIS)
- General Ledger with Drill-Down Capability
- Treasury Accounting System for Self Accounting Entities
- Appropriations, re-appropriations, revisions, supplementary grants, (at various authority levels
- Full Integration between Budget and Accounts
- IPSAS, cash-based financial statements, including disclosures
- Automated reconciliation of departmental cheques and receipt vouchers
- Cash Management and Forecasting
- Access by Foreign Aid project accountants from various project implementation units to enter data (DPA and RPA)
- Interface input from Debt Management Financial Accounting System (DMFAS) for disbursement projections on foreign aid
- Based on Chart of Accounts structured in accordance with budget classification, COFOG and GFS requirements
How to Use the iBAS++ Services
iBAS++ is an internet-based software; therefore, you have to use an internet browser to use this software. You can either use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox; the choice is yours.
- Very first, you have to register yourself from Financial System Management Unit (FSMU) to get the Login ID and password.
- You have to fill-up a form and submit it to FSMU with the proper documents. In order to login to the iBAS++ software, you have to go to the address: ibas.finance.gov.bd.
- There type your login information and fill in the Captcha and press the “Login” button. If your Login information is correct, you will log in to the iBAS++ software.
- If you forget your password, you can regenerate the password by providing the necessary information.
- Once you login to the iBAS++ software you will be able to use the permitted features.
ibas Salary in Bangladesh
- ibas Old Code (2017, 2018) – Click this link
- ibas New Code (2020, 2021, and beyond) – Click this link
Finally, I hope this article was helpful for you, and you have got the necessary information about iBAS++ software. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family if you think it can help them.
Hello, I’m Aminul Haque Shahin, the founder of BangladeshUS. BangladeshUS is a culmination of my love for my homeland, aiming to be the premier blog in the country. I meticulously curate information on diverse topics, from travel stories to essential guides, ensuring our readers receive accurate and valuable insights about Bangladesh for free. Join us on this exciting journey of exploration and discovery. Thank you for being a part of our community.