Do you want to know about the leading garment and textile industries in Bangladesh?
The ready-made garment (RMG) sector in Bangladesh drives the major development activities of Bangladesh. It is the largest manufacturing sector in the country. And, the RMG industry leads as a contributor sector to GDP, yielding over $30 billion in export value.
The garment and textile industries are the lifeblood of Bangladesh. Bangladesh’s low-cost labor and a thriving female working force made Bangladesh an excellent site to manufacture garment-based products. Today, as a leading RMG exporting country, Bangladesh titters between China and India.
But, one may who wonder about the top garment and textile industries in Bangladesh and their production rate. In this article, I listed leading garment and textile industries in Bangladesh:
- Ha-Meem Group
- Laborers: over 50,000
- Industry Profile: 26 garment factories, 300 production lines, 7 washing plants
- Production Rate: 7 million apparel products /month
- Corporate Address
Phoenix Tower (4th Floor)
407, Tejgaon Industrial Area
- Beximco Fashions Ltd.
- Established: July 1997
- Production Rate: 6 million apparel products /month
- Corporate Address
17 Dhanmondi R/A, Road No. 2,
- Square Fashions Ltd.
- Established: 1997
- Industry Profile: two garment units, two fabrics units, free dormitories for laborers, around-the-clock medical services
- Website: http://www.squarefashions.com
- OpexSinha Group
- Annual Revenue: $300 million
- Subsidiaries: Opex Group, Medlar Group
- Industry Profile: modern spinning, knitting, weaving, dyeing, printing and finishing facilities
Opex & Sinha Textile Group (Head Office)
Mohakhali Tower (Head Office)
82, Mohakhali, C/A, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
- Fakir Group
- Industry Profile: garment label designing, knit garments, paper and board manufacturing, high-quality knit garment industry
- Production Rate: 3.6 million apparel products /per annum
- DBL Group
- Industry Profile: integrated apparel and textile apparel facilities, one of the largest knit garment manufacturers, exporters of garment products
- Notable Buyers: H&M, Wal-Mart-George, Puma, Espirit, G-Star
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website URL: www.dbl-group.com/
- Epyllion Group
- Established: 1994
- Industry Profile: knit garments, wet processing and garment accessories
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.epylliongroup.com
- Standard Group
- Established: 1984
- Industry Profile: one of the largest woven garment manufacturing facilities, sweater production facility, garment washing, printing, embroidery, apparel design, garment testing
- Address: Civil Engineers Bhaban-69,
Mohakhali C/A, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
Phone: +880 2 9862003
Fax: +880 2 9893175
- Asian Apparels Ltd.
- Established: 1992
- Industry Profile: one of the leading garment manufacturers
- 29, Baniatilla Station Road
Phone : (88-031) 614440, 621226, 611096 /
FAX : (88-031)-610172-610368,880-2-8859268-111
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Givensee Group of Industries Ltd.
- Established: 1982
- Industry Profile: 17,000 workers, knitwear items of heavy denim wear, vertical support units, such as dyeing, spinning, washing and garment accessories
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.givenseegroup.com
The garment and textile industry is one of the major GDP contributors. The success of Bangladesh becoming a lower-middle income country can be largely attributed to the development of RMG sector. Listed in this article are the leading garment and textile industries in Bangladesh.