Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST) is a public university in Bangladesh. The university is situated in Pabna which is a central district town in northern Bangladesh, having a long historical and cultural legacy. Officially accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, PUST is a very renowned education institution in Bangladesh. PUST offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as an associate or foundation degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
Jump To The Right Section
History of Pabna University of Science and Technology (PUST)
On 15 July 2001, the then government passed an Act to establish a science and technology university in Pabna. The academic program of Pabna University of Science and Technology was started on 15 July 2008, and it started its four-year undergraduate program in 2009. The university is dedicated to continuing and raising the quality and standard of higher education for the students to international standards. This university campus has an area of about 30 acres, with several multi-storied buildings.
Ranking of PUST
PUST is one of the most popular engineering universities of Bangladesh, and it has been a pioneer in offering higher education in Bangladesh. They maintain a high standard of education, and it reflects on their ranking both country and worldwide.
- Country Rank: 33
- World Rank: 7496
Faculties and Departments of PUST
There are 5 faculties and 21 departments at Pabna University of Science and Technology. Here are the details of all the departments:
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE)
- Department of Architecture (Arch)
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (ETE)
- Department of Information and Communication Engineering (ICE)
Faculty of Science
- Department of Physics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Pharmacy
- Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Business Studies
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Faculty of Humanities and Social Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of HBS
- Department of Bengali
- Department of English
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Public Administration
Faculty of Life and Earth Science
- Department of Geography and Environment (GE)
PUST Admission Circular 2019 – 2020
PUST admission circular for honors 1st year, session 2019-2020 has not published yet. All eligible candidates can apply for admission, and they have to sit for an admission test. Those who will pass the admission test successfully can be able to admit to Pabna University of Science and Technology. There are two admission units in PUST.
Important Admission Timeline of PUST
- Application process starting:
- Application process ending:
- Admission test began:
- Admission test end:
- Website Link: https://www.pust.ac.bd/
Eligibility of PUST Admission
- The student should pass SSC and HSC from any education Board
- Minimum GPA of 3.50 both in SSC and HSC
- SSC Passing year at least 2017 or later and HSC passing year at least 2018
Unit Wise Admission Requirement of PUST
For each unit, PUST stated minimal requirements. Here are the details of the admission requirements.
Minimum GPA for A unit
- Candidates have to achieve a total GPA of 8.00, including 4th subject both in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam.
- Individually in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam, they have to gain GPA 3.50 out of GPA 5.00, including 4th subject.
- They must need a GPA of 3.50 individually in physics, chemistry, and mathematics in HSC or equivalent exam.
Minimum GPA for B unit
- For B unit candidates have to achieve GPA 7.00 with 4th subject both with SSC and HSC or equivalent exam.
- Individually in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam, they have to gain GPA 3.000 out of GPA 5.00 with 4th subject.
- For their interesting subjects, they have to obtain a GPA 3.50 in those subjects.
- For statistics, a candidate has to gain a GPA of 3.50 in mathematics.
Marks Distribution of PUST Admission Test
Physics- 30, Chemistry- 30, Biology / Mathematics- 30. For architecture candidates, they have to answer an extra 30 marks for drawing.
Science and arts students have to answer Bangla- 30, English- 30, and General Knowledge- 30. Commerce students have to answer Bangla- 30, English- 30, Accounting, and Business Management- 30.
Pabna University of Science and Technology is one of the top-ranking engineering universities in Bangladesh. With top-class facilities, world-class curriculum, and well-regarded faculty, the university draws in thousands of students every year both national and international.
If you have any query regarding PUST, then comment below your question. We will reply as soon as possible. Bookmark this page for further use and share this post with your friends & family as this article may also be relevant to them.