Last Updated on February 21, 2020 by Aminul Haque Shahin
The University of Rajshahi, also known as Rajshahi University or RU is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the city of Rajshahi. Officially accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, Rajshahi University (RU) is a large co-educational higher education institution in Bangladesh. Rajshahi University (RU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees like certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
History of Rajshahi University
Founded on July 6, 1953, Rajshahi University is one of the largest Universities in the country and the largest with the highest seat number in the northern region of Bangladesh. The university has passed 66 years providing higher education and research. The necessity of a University in the Northern part of East Pakistan was felt instantly after the creation of Pakistan. Following a widespread demand for a University in this area, Rajshahi University act 1953 (East Bengal Act XV of 1953) was passed by the East Pakistan regional assembly on March 31, 1953. Dr. Itrat Hossain Zeberi was the first Vice-Chancellor of the University. Its normal academic activities began in 1954. During the early days of inception, classes were held at Rajshahi Government College. In 1961 the University moved to its present campus.
Ranking of Rajshahi University
Rajshahi University is one of the most rebounded universities of Bangladesh and it has been a pioneer in offering higher education in Bangladesh. They maintain a high standard of education and it reflects on their ranking both country and worldwide.
- Country Rank: 6th
- World Rank: 4097th
Faculties and Departments of Rajshahi University
There are 9 faculties and 57 departments at the University of Rajshahi. The Arts and the Law faculties are the oldest, both established in 1953. Here are the details of all the departments:
Faculty of Arts
- Islamic History & Culture
- Islamic Studies
- Persian language and literature
Faculty of Law
- Law and Land Administration
Faculty of Science
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Population Science & Human Resource Development
- Applied Mathematics
- Physical Education and Sports Sciences
Faculty of Business Studies
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Management studies
- Banking and Insurance
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
Faculty of Social Science
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Information Science & Library Management
- Public Administration
- International Relations
Faculty of Life & Earth science
- Geology & Mining
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology
- Clinical Psychology
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agronomy and Agricultural Extension
- Veterinary & Animal Science
- Crop Science and Technology
Faculty of Engineering
- Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Fine Arts
- Painting, Oriental Art & Printmaking
- Ceramics and Sculpture
- Graphic Design, Crafts & History of Art
Rajshahi University Admission Circular 2019
Rajshahi University admission process for honors 1st year, session 2019-2020 will start from 03 September 2019. All eligible candidates can apply for admission and they have to sit for an admission test. Those who will pass the admission test successfully can be able to admit to Rajshahi University.
Rajshahi University readjusts its admission unit. Last year they have five admission units but this year there will be only three units. Like admission unit Rajshahi University also changes their admission exam method. They add a written exam on the admission test and increase their admission application form.
Important Admission Timeline of Rajshahi University
- Primary Online Application Initiate: 03 September 2019 (12.00 PM)
- Primary Application Deadline: 12 September 2019 (12:00 AM)
- Primary Application Fee: 55 Taka
- Final Online Application Start: 17 September 2019
- Final Online Application Close: 30 September 2019
- Final Application Fee: 1980 (Including 10% Service Charge)
- Application Link: http://admission.ru.ac.bd/undergraduate/
Admission Requirement of Rajshahi University
According to Admission circular, 2018 HSC passed students can not apply for the admission test. Only 2019 HSC passed students can eligible for admission application.
A Unit (For Arts Group Students)
- Only Humanities/Arts group students can apply for A unit.
- SSC / equivalent GPA: 3.00 (with 4th Subject)
- HSC / equivalent GPA 3.00 (with 4th Subject)
- Total GPA in Both Exams: 8.00
B Unit (For Business Studies Students)
- Only students who have passed the Commerce Group can apply to the B unit.
- SSC / equivalent GPA: 3.50 (subject to 4th subject)
- HSC / equivalent GPA: 3.50 (subject to 4th subject)
- Total GPA in Both Exams: 7.50
C Unit (For Science Group Students)
- Only Science background students can apply for C unit
- SSC / equivalent GPA: 3.50 (with 4th subject)
- HSC / equivalent GPA 3.50 (with 4th subject)
- Total GPA in Both Exams: 8.00
Admission Test Method & Marks Distribution of Rajshahi University
According to Rajshahi University admission website statement, the total marks of the admission test are 100. There will be 60 marks for MCQ exam and another 40 marks for the written exam. They declared marks distribution but time distribution and written exam question pattern will announce with admission notice. So you will wait for admission notice for more information.
- MCQ: 60 Marks
- Written Exam: 40 Marks
- Total: 100 Marks
The University of Rajshahi is one of the top-ranking universities in Bangladesh. With top-class facilities, world-class curriculum, and well-regarded faculty, the university draws in thousands of students every year both national and international.
If you have any question regarding Rajshahi University then comment below your query. We will reply as soon as possible. Bookmark this page for further use and share this post with your friends & family. Sharing is caring, and this article may also be relevant to them.