Credit transfer is a very important process for students who want to complete their studies abroad. If you are a Bangladeshi student then you can transfer credit from a Bangladeshi university to a Canadian university. You have to apply for a Canadian university with all your academic qualifications including the official transcript and details course description with the admission form. The university will evaluate your transcript and offers you courses that match their corresponding course.
Jump To The Right Section
- 1 What Is A Credit Transfer?
- 2 Requirements Of Credit Transfer From Bangladesh To Canada
- 3 List Of Bangladeshi Universities That Can Transfer Credit In Canada
- 4 List Of Canadian Universities That Accept Credit Transfer From Bangladesh
- 5 Scholarships To Study In Canada
- 6 Cost Of Study In Canada
- 7 FAQs About Credit Transfer To Canada
- 7.1 1. How Many Credits Can In Transfer To A Canadian University?
- 7.2 2. Is It Better To Start Fresh Or Transfer Credit In Canada?
- 7.3 3. Can I Collect My Own Tuition Fees By Doing A Part-Time Job In Canada?
- 7.4 4. Can I Work More Than 20 Hours/Week As A Student In Canada?
- 7.5 5. What Is The IELTS Requirement To Transfer Credit In Canada?
What Is A Credit Transfer?
Credit transfer, also known as transfer credit, advanced standing, etc. are terms colleges and universities use to grant credit to a student for educational experiences or courses undertaken at another institution. Credit transfer lets a student get admission to another university at the same time he/she is already admitted to a university. Moreover, credit transfer lets the student take admission to a foreign university to complete the study.
Requirements Of Credit Transfer From Bangladesh To Canada
Credit transfer to Canada opens a number of flexible pathways for Bangladeshi students. As a student you may be eligible for transfer credit in one or more of the following areas:
1. Ontario College Studies
2. Canadian University Studies
3. Advanced Secondary Studies
4. Articulation Agreements
5. Joint Programs
6. Collaborative Agreements
7. Dual-Credential Degrees
However, there are few requirements that you have to fulfill in order to apply for a credit transfer to a Canadian university. Let’s check them out.
1. You must have admission to a recognized university of Bangladesh to qualify for credit transfer in Canada
2. Must complete at least 4 full courses or at least one year of full-time degree studies at an accredited university
3. Minimum overall average of 2.0 on a 4-point scale (C/60% or equivalent)
4. For Honor’s-level programs, a minimum overall average of 2.3 on a 4-point scale (C+/65% or equivalent)
5. All the university courses will be included in the calculation of the cumulative grade point average
6. Repeated courses will be counted once towards the accumulation of transfer credit
List Of Bangladeshi Universities That Can Transfer Credit In Canada
There are few Bangladeshi universities that can transfer credit in Canada. They are:
1. American International University Bangladesh (AIUB)
2. BRAC University
3. Daffodil International University
4. North-South University
5. International Islamic University
List Of Canadian Universities That Accept Credit Transfer From Bangladesh
Many reputed universities in Canada accept credit transfers from Bangladesh. Many Canadian universities are linked with Bangladeshi universities for credit transfer. Some of them are:
1. Saint Mary’s University
2. Algoma University
3. College of New Caledonia
4. McMaster University in Canada
5. Quest University Canada
6. University of Manitoba
7. Ottawa University Canada
8. University of Toronto
9. Victoria University
10. Memorial University
11. University of Prince Edward Island
12. Brandon University
13. Thomson River University
14. University Of Regina
15. Cape Breton University
16. University of Saskatchewan
Scholarships To Study In Canada
Studying in Canada is quite expensive so you have to look for different funding options to continue your study. Canadian government as well as different individual universities and institutes offer many scholarships for Bangladeshi students. They are:
|Name Of The Scholarship||Description|
|Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute||Offers various fellowships at different levels from graduate to post-doctorate and from research to training fellowshipsThe value of this fellowship is CAD 500-1,000The duration is up to 8-12 weeks for students|
|Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan||Students with high intellect from Commonwealth countries applying to programs of advanced study and research at the Master and Ph.D. levelThe award comprises travel, living allowance, and the compulsory tuition feesIt includes Graduate Students Exchanges (GSEP), which provide $10,000 for transportation, living and other expenses in Canada for 5-6 months|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program||For graduate students in a wide variety of disciplinesAs a pre-requisite to applying, students must accept an offer from a university in Ontario and obtain a valid study permit The scholarship amount is $5,000 per session|
|National Research Council of Canada (NRCC)||Research associateship is offered to master’s degree holders in engineering and Ph.D. holders in natural science or engineering disciplines|
|Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship||For students studying in QuebecFinancial assistance to students at the master’s level or aboveEach application is assessed on its meritValue and duration are determined as per the level of study:Doctoral program: $25,000 a year and duration is up to 3 years with a possible extension to it of 12 monthsPostdoctoral scholarships: $35,000 for one year and can’t be renewedShort-term research or professional development scholarship: $3,000 each month for 4 months|
|Ontario Trillium Scholarship||For doctoral students from around the world to study in OntarioEach scholarship is worth $40,000 annually, renewable for a maximum of four years75 scholarships are awarded each year|
|Partnership Grants by Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada||For Ph.D. candidatesSupports new or existing research initiatives in social sciences and humanitiesWorth up to CAD 20,000Duration: 4 to 7 years|
|Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships||Offered by the Canadian government to international students to pursue postgraduate program within the natural science, social sciences or healthcare researchThis Postdoctoral Fellowship is worth $70,000 per year (taxable) for two years|
|Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships||This scholarship is awarded by the Government of Canada to meritorious students who aspire to pursue a doctoral degree at a Canadian institutionDuration is for 3 years (non-renewable) and the amount is 50,000 CAD per year|
|Anne Vallee Ecological Fund||For international students to support them undertake animal research at master or doctoral program in Québec or British Columbia UniversityThis fund offers two $1,500 scholarship|
|Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships||For international students at doctorate level for some specific Canadian institutions The amount is $40,000 each year for three years|
Cost Of Study In Canada
For the quality of education and living standards, Canada is the number one choice for students around the world to study or transfer credit to complete the study. Moreover, there are so many options to study in Canada which is also a key reason for students to choose Canada. Another important reason is; Canada is one of the affordable countries in the world for study. If you are wondering about the cost of study in Canada then check the below table:
|Study Program||Average Annual Fee In CAD*|
|Undergraduate program||CAD $13,000 to $20,000 per year|
|Postgraduate master’s degree||CAD $17,000 to $25,000 per year|
|Doctoral degree||CAD $7,000 to $15,000 per year|
|MBA||CAD $30,000 to $40,000 per year|
FAQs About Credit Transfer To Canada
1. How Many Credits Can In Transfer To A Canadian University?
An international student can transfer a maximum of 60 credits to a Canadian university. The Canadian universities will only accept the equivalent subjects/courses.
2. Is It Better To Start Fresh Or Transfer Credit In Canada?
Well, the answer to this question depends on your current study position. If you have studied for more than two years then it will be very tough to get a fresh student visa. In this type of situation, credit transfer will be the best option.
3. Can I Collect My Own Tuition Fees By Doing A Part-Time Job In Canada?
No, it’s not possible to collect your own tuition fees by doing a part-time job in Canada.
4. Can I Work More Than 20 Hours/Week As A Student In Canada?
You can work up to 20 hours/week as a student in Canada. If you work more than 20 hours/week then it will be a violation of your study permit conditions. Violating this rule can cost you, your student visa permit.
5. What Is The IELTS Requirement To Transfer Credit In Canada?
You will need an overall band score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0.