The University of Comilla, also known as Comilla University is a non-profit public higher education institution located at Kotbari, Comilla, Bangladesh. The university was constructed on 250 acres of land at Shalban Vihara, Moynamoti. Officially accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, Comilla University is a large coeducational higher education institution in Bangladesh. Comilla University offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as an associate or foundation degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees, in several areas of study.
Jump To The Right Section
History of Comilla University
The management committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) permitted a project for the setting up of twelve science and technology universities in the country during 2001 and one of these was planned to be established in Comilla. But instead, the government approved a general university and its charter in Comilla on 8 May 2006, as the 26th public university under which the university is being operated.
The university formally started its journey on 28 May 2007, through an orientation program for the 2006–07 academic years with 300 students and 15 teachers enrolled in 7 departments under 4 faculties:
- Department of Mathematics under the Faculty of Science
- Department of English under the Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Department of Economics and Public Administration under the Faculty of Social Science
- Three departments (Accounting & Information Systems, Management, Marketing) under the School of Business
Ranking of Comilla University
Comilla University is one of the most known universities of Bangladesh and it has been a pioneer in offering higher education in Bangladesh. They maintain high standard of education and it reflects on their ranking both country and worldwide.
- Country Rank: 54
- World Rank: 9431
Faculties and Departments of Comilla University
There are 6 faculties and 19 departments in University of Comilla. Here are the details of all the departments:
Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Media & Journalism
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering (BSc Eng. in CSE)
- Information and Communication Technology (BSc Eng. in ICT)
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Business Studies
- Finance and Banking
- Accounting and Information Systems
Comilla University Admission Circular 2019
Comilla University admission circular for honors 1st year, session 2019-2020 has not published yet. All eligible candidates can apply for admission and they have to sit for an admission test. Those who will pass the admission test successfully can be able to admit to Comilla University. There are there admission units in Comilla University.
Important Admission Timeline of Comilla University
- Application process starting: See website pls
- Application process ending: Do
- Admission test began: Do
- Admission test end: Do
- Website Link: https://www.cou.ac.bd/
Education Requirements for Comilla University Admission Test
- Unit A: Candidates must have total GPA of 6.50 with a fourth subject in SSC and HSC level exams
- Unit B: Candidates must have total GPA of 6.00 with a fourth subject in SSC and HSC level exams
- Unit C: Candidates must have total GPA of 6.50 with a fourth subject in SSC and HSC level exams
The University of Comilla is one of the top-ranking universities in Bangladesh. With top class facilities, world-class curriculum, and well-regarded faculty, the university draws in thousands of students every year both national and international.
If you have any question regarding Comilla University then comment below your query. We will reply as soon as possible. Bookmark this page for further use and share this post with your friends & family. Sharing is caring, and this article may also be relevant to them.