Last Updated on February 21, 2020 by Aminul Haque Shahin
Begum Rokeya University of Rangpur (BRUR), formerly Rangpur University is a government-financed public state university in Bangladesh. Officially accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, Begum Rokeya University is a medium-sized co-educational higher education institution in Bangladesh. It is the only general categorized university in Rangpur Division and the second public university in the region.
It was named after Begum Rokeya, who was an activist writer and social worker. It is the 30th public university of Bangladesh. Begum Rokeya University (BRU) offers courses and certificate programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study.
History of Begum Rokeya University
Begum Rokeya University was established on 8 October 2008 under Begum Rokeya University Act, 2009 (2009–29). M. Lutfar Rahman was the first vice-chancellor of this university. BRUR covers an area of 75 acres. The university has built four academic building and started class from August 2011 in the main campus. There are about 7,000 students and 21 departments in Begum Rokeya University. There are three student halls, a library, and a cafeteria on the campus of this university.
Ranking of Begum Rokeya University
Begum Rokeya University is one of the most renowned universities of Bangladesh, and it has been a pioneer in offering higher education in Bangladesh. They maintain a high standard of education, and it reflects on their ranking both country and worldwide.
- Country Rank: 45
- World Rank: 9132
Faculties and Departments of Begum Rokeya University
There are six faculties and 21 departments in Begum Rokeya University. Here are the details of all the departments:
Faculty of Arts
- Department of Bangla
- Department of English
- Department of History and Archaeology
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Gender and Development Studies
- Department of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Department of Public Administration
Faculty of Business Studies
- Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Marketing
- Department of Finance and Banking
Faculty of Science
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Faculty of Life and Earth Sciences
- Department of Geography and Environmental Science
- Department of Disaster Management
Begum Rokeya University Admission Circular 2019
Begum Rokeya University admission circular for honors 1st year, session 2019-2020 has not published yet. All eligible candidates can apply for admission, and they have to sit for an admission test. Those who will pass the admission test successfully can be able to admit to Begum Rokeya University. There are six admission units in Begum Rokeya University.
Important Admission Timeline of Begum Rokeya University
- Application process starting:
- Application process ending:
- Admission test began:
- Admission test end:
- Website Link: https://brur.ac.bd/
Admission Requirement of Begum Rokeya University
For each unit, Begum Rokeya University stated a minimal GPA from each group. Here are the details for each unit from each group.
- Students from Humanities Group and Business Studies Group need GPA 6.50 in both SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. Separately in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam, they have to achieve a minimum GPA of 3.00. Both GPA counted, including the 4th subject.
- Those who are from science background have to achieve a total of GPA 7.00 from SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. Separately in SSC & equivalent exam, they have to obtain a minimum GPA of 3.50. Both GPA counted, including the 4th subject.
- Students who are applying from Humanities background need a minimum GPA of 7.00 total in SSC and HSC and equivalent exam. But in SSC or equivalent exam, they require a minimum GPA of 3.50, and in HSC or equivalent exam they need GPA 3.00 including 4th subject.
- Applicants from Business Studies and Science Group need a total GPA of 7.50 in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. Individually in SSC and HSC exam, they have to acquire a minimum GPA of 3.50.
- Candidates from humanities and Business studies background need minimal GPA 7.00 both with SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. Both in SSC they have to achieve GPA 3.00, and in HSC they need minimum GPA 3.50 out of GPA 5.00 individually including the 4th subject.
- For science background candidates, the total minimal GPA 7.50 is declared both in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. They also have to acquire GPA 3.50 individually in SSC and HSC or equivalent exam.
- Only Science background students can apply for this unit. To use on these unit candidates, have to acquire total GPA of 7.50 minimum in both SSC and HSC or equivalent exam. Not only this have had they also had to obtain GPA 3.50 out of GPA 5.00 individually in SSC and HSC exam. These average GPA counts, including the 4th subject.
- It is also only for Science group applicants. The minimal requirement of GPA is the same as the D unit. Individually in SSC and HSC, they have to acquire GPA 3.50, and in total, they need GPA 7.50.
- Applicants who have a GPA of 7.50 in total with SSC and HSC or equivalent exam from science group in HSC can apply for this unit. Individually they need GPA 3.50 in SSC and HSC and equivalent exam.
- Those who are from the Humanities and Business Studies group have to acquire a minimal GPA of 7.00 both in SSC and HSC exam. In SSC exam they have to gain a GPA of 3.50, and in HSC exam GPA 3.00 must have to achieve.
Begum Rokeya University is one of the top-ranking universities in Bangladesh. With top-class facilities, world-class curriculum, and well-regarded faculty, the university draws in thousands of students every year both national and international.
If you have any query regarding Begum Rokeya University, then comment below your question. We will reply as soon as possible. Bookmark this page for further use and share this post with your friends & family as this article may also be relevant to them.