Shakib Al Hasan is an international cricket player of Bangladesh. He is considered as one of the greatest all-rounders of world cricket. In 2015, he became the first and only cricketer in history to be the ICC’s number 1 all-rounder in all three formats of the game. In Bangladesh, he is considered as the greatest cricketers of all time.
Shakib Al Hasan is one of the richest crickets of Bangladesh. He earns the majority of his money from his professional cricket career. His income comes from salary, contracts, bonuses, endorsement, sponsorship, etc. He is also involved with event management and restaurant businesses. According to a report of crictracker.com, Shakib Al Hasan’s net worth is estimated to be around $36.5 million. His annual salary is reported to be $4.5 million.
Biography Of Shakib Al Hasan
Shakib Al Hasan was born on 24 March 1987, at Magura, a district in the south-western region of Bangladesh. From childhood, he showed proficiency at cricket. He started his 1st class career in 2004 when he was picked by Khulna to play in the National Domestic League. Shakib first represented Bangladesh at the U-19 level, debuting in August 2006 against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club. Between 2005 and 2006, Shakib played 18 youth One Day Internationals where he scored 563 runs and took 22 wickets. He also made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe on 6 August 2006. He made his test debut against India on 18 May 2007.
Records And Achievements Of Shakib Al Hasan
1. In 2015, Shakib Al Hasan became the first and only cricketer in history to be ranked the ‘No.1 all-rounder’ by ICC in its Player Rankings in all three formats of the game (Test, One Day, and Tewety20 Internationals).
2. Best partnership record for any wicket for a Bangladeshi pair in ODIs, with Mahmadullah (224). This is also the highest ever 5th wicket runs stand in the history of the ICC Champions Trophy.
3. Most wickets were taken in Twenty20 cricket on a single ground (123 at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur)
4. In 2015, after batting in the first match at the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Sakib Al Hasan had a total of 4,040 runs in ODI matches and became the first Bangladeshi cricketer to score 4,000 runs in ODIs.
5. On 13 January 2017, he registered the highest individual score (217) by a Bangladeshi batsman in Tests. Later it was broken by Mushfiqur Rahim who scored 219* against Zimbabwe in 2018.
6. First spin bowler, and third player overall, to take more than 100 ODI wickets on a single ground. (113 at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium)
7. Fastest all-rounder to score 3000 Test runs and take 200 Test wickets (54 Test) surpassing Ian Botham who took 55 Test matches to reach the milestone.
8. Shakib al Hasan is the Fastest all-rounder to score 5000 ODI runs and take 250 ODI wickets
9. First Bangladeshi bowler to take 500 international wickets
10. Second Bangladeshi Batsmen to score 10,000 international runs
11. The highest number of wickets taken in Test matches (210) and T20I (92) matches for Bangladesh
12. Shakib is one of only three cricketers with 4,000 runs and 300 wickets in T20s. He achieved this milestone in 260 matches, faster than the other two who achieved the mark, Shahid Afridi (283) and Dwayne Bravo (292).
13. In November 2018, he became the first bowler for Bangladesh to take 200 wickets in Tests.
14. Fastest player to 3000 runs and 200 wickets double in Tests.
15. In June 2019, Shakib became the fastest player to score 6,000 runs and take 250 wickets in ODIs in just 199 matches.
16. In the 2019 Cricket World Cup, Shakib became the quickest all-rounder, in terms of innings, to achieve the double of 6,000 runs and 250 wickets in ODIs and overall fourth cricketer to achieve the double.
17. In the third ODI against West Indies, he became the only cricketer to score more than 6,000 international runs and pick more than 300 international wickets across all formats in a single country.