Bangladesh is a small country in the southeast region of the Indian subcontinent. It is home to many different animals and plants. This country was once known as Bengal. It shares its borders with India to the north, southwest, and southeast, with Myanmar to the east and west, and with the Bay of Bengal to the south.
Bangladesh is best known as a country that was formed in wartime in 1971 when it seceded from Pakistan. The main industries are textiles, jute, and rice production but local industries are also gaining popularity due to increasing demand for Bangladeshi products.
Aside from being known as a country full of natural beauty, Bangladesh also has some delicious cuisines like Mughlai cuisine and Shahi Tukra Biryani which you have to try if you haven’t already!
Most of the foreign tourists in Bangladesh are drawn to the country’s natural beauty and cultural diversity. There are some things about Bangladesh that have made it famous across the globe, including its national flower, cuisine, and music.
Bangladesh was also the first Islamic country to have a constitution and a Prime Minister who was democratically elected.
Bangladesh has produced some of the most influential politicians, thinkers, poets, scientists, and writers in South Asia history. The Bengali language offers a wide variety of terms and words that contribute to its rich vocabulary. These include such terms as a madrasa (Islamic theological school), roshogolla (a sweet made from milk and sugar), fatty (looking or making someone look fat).
There are many interesting facts about this country that can make you curious about it. Have you ever wanted to visit Bangladesh?
20 Things For What Bangladesh Is Famous For
Bangladesh has an interesting history that includes British colonialism, democracy, and Islamic culture. The country has a long history of progress on various fronts, from education to science and technology.
Here are a list of things that is why the world knows Bangladesh and Bangladeshi people.
1. Bangladesh is a country of fertile soil
2. Bangladeshi cuisine is renowned for its skillful use of ingredients and spice combinations
3. Bangladesh is home to some of the world’s largest shrimp farms
4. English fashion designer Tommy ranked Bangladesh as the world’s fastest-growing fashion market.
5. Dhal and Rice
7. Mosques and Temples
9. Medicine Manufacturers
10. Cricket – the most popular sports of Bangladesh
11. Jute Bag Industry
12. Bankura’s Horse Shoe Boot Industry
13. Mountains and rivers as a natural landscape
14. The country’s rapid economic growth and social progressiveness in last two decades
15. Natural beauty, which includes mountains, rivers, beaches, rain forests, and lush green fields
16. Beautiful Bengali culture
17. International cuisine that has influenced other countries’ cuisines like Pakistan’s tandoori
18. Bangladesh Garments – famous for elegant and beautiful Jamdani saris that are worn in daily life by women all around the world
19. Dhaka City – UNESCO World Heritage site with old buildings from various ages mixed together
20. Language (The day of Bengali Language Day – Ekushey February has been nominated as the World’s the mother language day).
What To Do in Dhaka, Bangladesh
A Quick Guide to 8 Things to Do in Bangladesh
1. Explore the Craftsmanship of the National Museum of Bangladesh
2. Visit the City Park and see a glimpse of Dhaka’s history throughout time
3. Find Nature at The Childrens Garden (Garden of Eden) and enjoy the serenity
4. Take a Boat Ride on Teesta River through Rangpur
5. Visit Hazrat Shah Jalal Mosque’s courtyard and learn about its historic and architectural value
6. Learn about Bangladeshi Literature at National Bangla Academy Museum and Library
7. Visit Shahbag Square on International Mother Language Day where you can celebrate Bishwa Ijtem
8. Visit The Swadhin Bangla Betar Kendra, also known as Radio Dhaka, which is a radio station that was founded in April 1921. It is the oldest radio station in this region and was first used for public broadcasting on December 1, 1922. Decades later it became one of India’s most powerful stations because it remained independent from its British owners and used Bengali as its language at a time when other stations were limited to Hindi or English only.
14 Reasons To Love Bangladesh.
Bangladeshi people are known for their hospitality and warm smiles. So if you are looking for an incredible experience during your trip, Bangladesh is the destination to visit.
In recent years, Bangladesh has emerged as one of the most sought-after locations for vacationers from around the world. This has resulted in a rise in job prospects for Bangladeshi people who have skills in hospitality and tourism.
Bangladesh is becoming a popular tourist spot, so if you’re planning on visiting, it’s important to know what makes this country such an enchanting place:
1. The population density of Bangladesh is quite low compared to other countries
2. Bangladesh has a very diverse range of religious, ethnic and cultural groups
3. The Bangladeshi language is one of the 11 official languages in the United Kingdom
4. Only 4% of Bangladesh’s land area is urbanized, compared to 68% for Canada and 98% for the United States
5. There’s a huge boost in productivity in Bangladesh due to its high labor participation rate
6. Every citizen in Bangladesh owns their home
7. It’s an excellent place for business opportunities because it is an important supplier to international markets like
8. Poverty is not a reason to avoid Bangladesh
9. It’s easy to find cheap clothing at stores that sell Western brands
10. The price of Bangladeshi goods and services are reasonable and affordable
11. Bangladesh has a rich culture that is full of diversity and a mix of religions
12. You can enjoy the natural wonders of Bangladesh without the crowds in other countries
13. Bangladesh is a safe country in which to travel
14. There are plenty of cultural activities that you can enjoy for free
The 15 Facts You Didn’t Know About Bangladesh
1. Bangladesh is one of the Most Populous Nations in the World
2. It is the Largest Muslim Majority Country in South Asia
3. It has One of the Worlds Largest Islands
4. It Has a Lengthy History with a Great Deal of Culture and Heritage
5. There are about 132,000,000 People There Today
6. They are Home to More Than 4 Million Foreigners
7. Their Currency Is Known as Taka
8. The Populace Prefer to Be Called Bengalees
9. Bangladesh was born as East Bengal on 14 August 1947 and became independent from Pakistan on 16th December 1971.
10. Bangladesh is the 48th largest country in the world in terms of size but the 8th most densely populated
11. The total population of Bangladesh is 168 million people and has a median age of 24 years old
12. Bangladesh shares its borders with India and Myanmar
13. Bangladesh was named one of the “Next Eleven” countries in the world by consulting firm McKinsey & Company and is predicted to surpass Germany as a top-ten economy in 2050
14. Nearly 46% of Bangladesh’s population lives on less than $2 USD per day, which makes it one of the cheapest countries to live in according to The Economist’s cost-of-living survey
15. Despite being far smaller than larger countries like Russia and China, Bangladesh punches well above its weight on the global stage, ranking top of the fastest growing economies of this world.
26 Reasons Why You Should Be Proud Of Bangladesh
1. Bangladesh’s Rich Cultural Heritage
2. Bengal’s Bountiful Nature and Environment
3. Bangladesh’s Diverse People and Culture
4. Unique Landscape, Architecture, and History
5. Bangla Beauty – Land of Peace, Love and Lyrics
6. National Day celebrations on 16th December
7. Independence Day on 26th March
8. International Mother Language Day on 21 February every year
9. The world’s largest harvest festival
10. Dhaka’s international airport
11. A global gem with an ancient culture
13. Rich Cultural Heritage
14. Rapid Economic Development & Progress
15. Strong Political Stability and Responsiveness to People’s Needs
16. Good Health Services
17. High Literacy Rate in recent years
18. Successful Communities & Civil Society
19. Bengali Language and Literature
20. Women’s Empowerment
22. Public Transportation (specially Metro Rail System)
23. Social Media Presence of all popular public figures (so that general people can reach them easily)
24. A rich culture of arts, music, and literature
25. The birthplace of Sheikh Mujibor Rahman
26. Bangladesh is a secular country that embraces all religions and cultures as equal
How Bangladesh Became A Global Powerhouse
Bangladesh is building itself into an economic power house. Here are 10 reasons why you should be proud of the Nation’s progress towards becoming a global powerhouse.
1. The three-fold increase in GDP from 1990 to 2013
2. More than 27% of the population living below poverty line in 1990 has been lifted out of poverty
3. The Bangladeshi youth has posted an impressive growth rate of 2% per year over two decades
4. A rise in literacy levels and increased enrolment rates for girls and women since 1970s
5. Increased internet adoption rate, mobile phone penetration, and smartphone usage
What To Bring Before You Travel To Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is an amazing place to visit. It is rich with landscape and culture. There are a lot of historical sites as well as natural sites in Bangladesh. Before you go, here are some things you might want to consider bringing with you:
– A passport that is valid for at least six months after your return date
– Confirmed flight itinerary
– A prepaid mobile phone with international data plan, and SIM card
– Enough money for a few days of travel
One of the most important things to bring before traveling to Bangladesh is a flexible travel schedule. Due to the nature of the country, you will need to go with whatever plans you have for your trip as well as making adjustments if necessary.
Without a flexible time table, you might not be able to enjoy all that Bangladesh has in store for you.
How To Get Around In Bangladesh?
We often hear about the challenges of getting around in Bangladesh. It is a country that is considered difficult for foreigners to navigate. However, there are some ways in which you can get around without having any problems.
Here are some tips that will help you navigate the streets of Dhaka:
1) Stay on the main roads
2) Know your location and the area that you are in, so you know what areas to avoid (and where not to go)
3) Avoid using public transportation – it’s not safe or cost efficient and it takes a long time to get to certain places- like hospitals or airport
4) Try not to dress attractively – it draws attention from men who want to pickpocket
5) Don’t carry anything valuable with you – thieves will be happy knowing they can easily steal your belongings
How To Stay Safe While You’re In Bangladesh?
Bangladesh is a beautiful and friendly country. However, it has a dark side to it that many travelers don’t know about.
Bangladesh is one of the most dangerous countries in the world for foreigners. There are very few safety precautions that people take, which makes it easy for criminals to target them. Despite this being a common threat, there are ways that travelers can stay safe while they’re in Bangladesh.
We suggest you take these precautions:
– Contact your embassy or consulate before travelling to Bangladesh
– Be aware of your surroundings at all times
– Carry an emergency contact card with you at all times
What Are The Most Popular Products In Bangladesh?
This is a question that needs to be asked to understand what the people in Bangladesh like. This question can help us understand how the market changes over time and what are the most popular products in Bangladesh.
The following are the most popular products in Bangladesh:
– Smart Watches
What Do People Spend On In Bangladesh?
There are many different things that people in Bangladesh spend their money on. These include food, clothes, housing, and more.
The average person in Bangladesh spends around $1,300 a year on expenses. While the richest 10 percent of people spend around $29,000 a year on expenses.
In addition to these common expenses that people have in Bangladesh, there are some things that not everyone has access to such as healthcare or education.
Bangladeshis are known to be an interesting and diverse bunch of people, encompassing a wide range of interests and tastes.
In a NBR Bangladesh survey, nearly 3,000 people participated in the survey. They were asked what they spend the most on. The most popular spending category was entertainment. Americans spend on average $1,200 per month on entertainment.