Last Updated on June 9, 2019 by Aminul Haque Shahin
Freelancing is when a person works in different organizations or individuals of the contract, without working in a particular organization. In Bangladesh, Freelancing has become very popular among the young and educated people, and it has become a career option for them. But from the very beginning Bangladeshi freelancer are facing various problems and among them, the online payment problem is the main.
You need a verified master card for online transactions either in Bangladesh or abroad. PayPal is a global online payments system that supports online money transfers. With PayPal, you can receive the payment from the different freelancing market place as well can make the online payments. But unfortunately, PayPal service is not available in Bangladesh. So freelancer of Bangladesh faces a lot of problems while doing the online transactions.
Jump To The Right Section
Bank Credit Card and Digital Payment Service
In Bangladesh if you want to do any kind of online transaction, either payment or receiving money, you need one of these two:
- Bank Credit Card (Duel Currency)
- Digital Payment Service
Bank Credit Card (Duel Currency)
Different banks of Bangladesh issue credit card for their customers. You can easily do all kind of online transactions with this type of credit card. But obtaining a credit card is not as simple as opening a bank account. There are lots of problems with credit cards from banks. Some of them are:
- Not everyone can apply for a credit card
- Need a job with handsome salary
- Have to submit lots of papers and documents
- Credit cards costs are generally more than any cards
- Credit card has many types of hidden charges
- Need a passport for international transactions
Digital Payment Service
Among the digital payment services, Neteller and Payoneer are the most popular in Bangladesh. But unfortunately, from 2016, Neteller stop issuing their card for the Bangladeshi customers. Payoneer is also limiting its service for Bangladeshi users. From 2017, Payoneer has canceled many cards from Bangladesh, and with their new rules, you must receive a minimum of 100 dollars from freelancing marketplace before ordering their MasterCard.
EBL Aqua MasterCard
So as a freelancer if you are looking for the solution of your online transactions problem, then EBL Aqua MasterCard is the right choice for you. Aqua MasterCard is a dual currency MasterCard from Eastern Bank. It is a pre-paid MasterCard, so you must have a balance on your card before making any online payment. You can make any payment online or offline at home and abroad with this card. More importantly, you can get this card very easily and very quickly. You will need these documents to get this MasterCard:
- Completed EBL Prepaid Card Application Form
- 2 Copy recent passport size photograph of the applicant
- Photocopy of national ID card or passport
- 575 Taka (Card fee 500 Taka & 75 Taka vat)
- Main passport for dollar endorsement
Features of EBL Aqua MasterCard
EBL Aqua MasterCard is not like other random MasterCard. This MasterCard from Eastern Bank is unique for its features. Some of the features of this MasterCard are:
- Dual Currency EMV Prepaid Card
- Getting faster access to funds globally 24×7
- International and local shopping
- Banking without any bank account
- Accessing to shops & restaurants throughout the globe
- Paying bills online
- Free reloading
- Transaction Alert
How to Apply for EBL Aqua MasterCard
As I have stated before, getting an EBL Aqua MasterCard is very easy, now I will tell you the process for applying for this card. Let’s start –
- First, you need to go to the nearest Eastern Bank branch. Contact at the card division and tell the person in charge that you are interested in taking the Eastern Bank’s Aqua Prepaid Master Card. The officer will provide you some form. Fill all the forms with appropriate information.
- If you want to make international transactions, then you have to fill the “E-commerce Enrollment Form.” If you don’t fill this form, then you cannot make payments to the USD currency.
- Submit the filled-up form with photo and other necessary documents to the officer. Normally it takes 7 to 10 working days for verification and card activation. After verification, you will receive a message in your mobile number given on the form.
- If you do not receive a message within ten days, then get updates by phone at Eastern Bank Limited’s Customer Care number 16230.
Dollar Recharge Process of EBL Aqua Card
Money or Dollar recharges process for EBL Aqua Card is similar. But for Dollar recharge first, you have to endorse dollar in the passport. By the rules of the Bangladesh government, you are allowed to endorse a maximum of $5000 for SAARC countries and $7000 for the rest of the world for one calendar year. Now let’s dig into the process –
- First, get a deposit slip. Now you enter your name in the deposit slip, keep the account number empty. On the card number location, you will enter the full number of cards. There will be two options for USD and BDT in the currency space. Tick the USD option.
- Now you have to submit the deposit slip with the money to the cash counter. The officer in charge will confirm the deposit amount. One thing to note is that the dollar rate varies from time to time. So it’s wise to talk with the officer before making the deposit.
- Normally it takes 24 hours to two days for dollar endorsement. Before starting the transaction, you have to call the customer care to open your account’s foreign part. Once this happens, you can start transacting.
EBL Aqua MasterCard FAQ
- Who can avail EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
Any Bangladeshi national with Minimum age of 18 years can avail this card.
- What is the E-Commerce transaction limit for EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
Daily E-Commerce transaction limit is BDT 40,000 in 4 transactions and USD equivalent to BDT 40,000 up to a maximum of USD 300 per transaction.
- Is there any charge/fee applicable for initial loading or reloading?
No. The initial load and reloading are absolutely free of charge.
- Is there any annual fee related to the card?
No. The card has a one-time issuance fee, which is applicable for the validity period of 3 years.
- What is the validity of the Card?
3 Years (Renewable on Demand)
- How to Replace/Renew EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
The cardholder can request for replacement or renewal through any EBL Branch.
- How to convert currency amount?
Currency can be converted through any EBL branch at the specified rate of that day.
Hopefully, this article will help the freelancer and general people get this MasterCard easily without any problem. If you like the article or can help your friends or family, then don’t forget to share the article with them.