Freelancing is when a personworks in different organizations or individuals of the contract, withoutworking in a particular organization. In Bangladesh, Freelancing has becomevery popular among the young and educated people, and it has become a careeroption for them. But from the very beginning Bangladeshi freelancer are facing variousproblems and among them, the online payment problem is the main.
You need a verified master cardfor online transactions either in Bangladesh or abroad. PayPal is a globalonline payments system that supports online money transfers. With PayPal, youcan receive the payment from the different freelancing market place as well canmake the online payments. But unfortunately, PayPal service is not available inBangladesh. So freelancer of Bangladesh faces a lot of problems while doing theonline transactions.
Jump To The Right Section
Bank Credit Card and Digital Payment Service
In Bangladesh if you want to doany kind of online transaction, either payment or receiving money, you need oneof these two:
- Bank Credit Card (Duel Currency)
- Digital Payment Service
Bank Credit Card (Duel Currency)
Different banks of Bangladeshissue credit card for their customers. You can easily do all kind of online transactionswith this type of credit card. But obtaining a credit card is not as simple asopening a bank account. There are lots of problems with credit cards frombanks. Some of them are:
- Not everyone can apply for a credit card
- Need a job with handsome salary
- Have to submit lots of papers and documents
- Credit cards costs are generally more than anycards
- Credit card has many types of hidden charges
- Need a passport for international transactions
Digital Payment Service
Among the digital paymentservices, Neteller and Payoneer are the most popular in Bangladesh. Butunfortunately, from 2016, Neteller stop issuing their card for the Bangladeshicustomers. Payoneer is also limiting its service for Bangladeshi users. From2017, Payoneer has canceled many cards from Bangladesh, and with their newrules, you must receive a minimum of 100 dollars from freelancing marketplacebefore ordering their MasterCard.
EBL Aqua MasterCard
So as a freelancer if you arelooking for the solution of your online transactions problem, then EBL AquaMasterCard is the right choice for you. Aqua MasterCard is a dual currency MasterCardfrom Eastern Bank. It is a pre-paid MasterCard, so you must have a balance onyour card before making any online payment. You can make any payment online oroffline at home and abroad with this card. More importantly, you can get thiscard very easily and very quickly. You will need these documents to get thisMasterCard:
- Completed EBL Prepaid Card Application Form
- 2 Copy recent passport size photograph of the applicant
- Photocopy of national ID card or passport
- 575 Taka (Card fee 500 Taka & 75 Taka vat)
- Main passport for dollar endorsement
Features of EBL Aqua MasterCard
EBL Aqua MasterCard is not likeother random MasterCard. This MasterCard from Eastern Bank is unique for itsfeatures. Some of the features of this MasterCard are:
- Dual Currency EMV Prepaid Card
- Getting faster access to funds globally 24×7
- International and local shopping
- Banking without any bank account
- Accessing to shops & restaurants throughoutthe globe
- Paying bills online
- Free reloading
- Transaction Alert
How to Apply for EBL Aqua MasterCard
As I have stated before, getting anEBL Aqua MasterCard is very easy, now I will tell you the process for applyingfor this card. Let’s start –
- First, you need to go to the nearest EasternBank branch. Contact at the card division and tell the person in charge that youare interested in taking the Eastern Bank’s Aqua Prepaid Master Card. Theofficer will provide you some form. Fill all the forms with appropriateinformation.
- If you want to make international transactions,then you have to fill the “E-commerce Enrollment Form.” If you don’t fill thisform, then you cannot make payments to the USD currency.
- Submit the filled-up form with photo and other necessarydocuments to the officer. Normally it takes 7 to 10 working days for verificationand card activation. After verification, you will receive a message in yourmobile number given on the form.
- If you do not receive a message within ten days,then get updates by phone at Eastern Bank Limited’s Customer Care number 16230.
Dollar Recharge Process of EBL Aqua Card
Money or Dollar recharges processfor EBL Aqua Card is similar. But for Dollar recharge first, you have to endorsedollar in the passport. By the rules of the Bangladesh government, you are allowedto endorse a maximum of $5000 for SAARC countries and $7000 for the rest of theworld for one calendar year. Now let’s dig into the process –
- First, get a deposit slip. Now you enter yourname in the deposit slip, keep the account number empty. On the card numberlocation, you will enter the full number of cards. There will be two optionsfor USD and BDT in the currency space. Tick the USD option.
- Now you have to submit the deposit slip with themoney to the cash counter. The officer in charge will confirm the depositamount. One thing to note is that the dollar rate varies from time to time. So it’swise to talk with the officer before making the deposit.
- Normally it takes 24 hours to two days for dollarendorsement. Before starting the transaction, you have to call the customer careto open your account’s foreign part. Once this happens, you can start transacting.
EBL Aqua MasterCard FAQ
- Who canavail EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
Any Bangladeshi national withMinimum age of 18 years can avail this card.
- What isthe E-Commerce transaction limit for EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
Daily E-Commerce transaction limitis BDT 40,000 in 4 transactions and USD equivalent to BDT 40,000 up to a maximumof USD 300 per transaction.
- Is thereany charge/fee applicable for initial loading or reloading?
No. The initial load andreloading are absolutely free of charge.
- Is thereany annual fee related to the card?
No. The card has a one-timeissuance fee, which is applicable for the validity period of 3 years.
- What isthe validity of the Card?
3 Years (Renewable on Demand)
- How toReplace/Renew EBL MasterCard Aqua Prepaid Card?
The cardholder can request forreplacement or renewal through any EBL Branch.
- How toconvert currency amount?
Currency can be converted throughany EBL branch at the specified rate of that day.
Hopefully, this article will helpthe freelancer and general people get this MasterCard easily without any problem.If you like the article or can help your friends or family, then don’t forgetto share the article with them.