Do you ever think to pass some holidays in the lap of a hilly eye-catching sight area in Bangladesh? Yes, I’m narrating to you about the peering scenic beauty of Sajek Valley in Rangamati district. The queen of hills or roof of Rangamati, whatever people call it, as blessed nature builds its astonishing beauty by own hand.
Jump To The Right Section
The Darjeeling of Bangla, Sajek is the biggest union of the country (about 720 sq.miles), located most northern part of Chittagong Hill Tracts, beside of Tripura(northside), Mizoram(East side) of India. This surrounding natural aerial spot is near 2000 ft. high above sea level. It took its name from the river Sajek which has created the border between Bangladesh & India. The BGB camp in Bangladesh located at Sajek is famous for its highest altitude in the country.
One can easily hide from busy life within the marvelous feelings of covering with the smoke of light cloud & exit a deep breath feeling about the beauty of earth and life. Moreover; you can elapse some memorable moment with the local indigenous people and their tiny homes.
Why Should You Visit Sajek in 2019?
Extraordinary feelings of the hand catching light white clouds, dense forest, bamboo make house, handicraft item by local indigenous people, orange orchard, sunset, morning, evening, full moon night, small cottage for the new couple and wonderful falls are remarkable. Snake spiral types of roads are also vivid there.
Do you ever think an extraordinary full moonlight?
An awesome and unprecedented romantic full moon night stop in your memory can be the valley of Sajek obviously. With the feeling of heavenly earth, moon, and nature, you can easily draw a long-lasting picturesque in your imagination. This poetic valley calls everyone to come and feel the unheard silent ballad of earth and nature. So, never think the second time to find out a calendar and pick a full moon night to arrive there.
Falls of Sajek or hills’ happy crying
Do you want to get a thrilling adventure? Then you can go ahead to relish Komolok falls and nearby Pidam Taisa falls or it’s another name Sikam Taisha falls through trekking, and it will take about two and a half hours. Certainly, they amuse you with the meditative sound and feeling the loneliness of nature.
Firstly, the country’s highest helipad is in Sajek Valley. So, VIP and capable persons can arrange helicopter journey for the mind-blowing trip inside the country.
Tourists prefer to go to Sajek Valley through Dighinala(49 km.) of Khagrachhori district(70 km.). It’s the simplest way. Or if you want to get adventure, you can take the route of Kaptai of Rangamati by river ways and then a few walking kilometers. Which way you prefer, you have to take permission from 10 no. Bagaihat police & army camp, situated at Dighinala.
After permission, on the way there need to cross beautiful Kasalong river through its bridge, then Tiger Tilla army post & Machalong bazaar. After reaching to the bazaar, you will touch the first village of Sajek, name Roiloi Para(in English, para indicates village). From Roilo para, you can reach shortly to Sajek. The last village of Sajek is konglok para, from where you can see Lusai hill of India.
How To Go Sajek Valley From Dhaka
- You can easily reach to Sajek valley. You need to go via Chittagong, so first consider which way you prefer, whether road or rail or air.
- Then, Chittagong to Khagrachhori busway is available and it needs maximum of four hours.
- From Khagrachhori to Dighinala there have local buses, fare per head Tk 45/-.
- From Dighinala, three types of vehicles are available. Four wheels jeep,locally named as Chander Gari,accommodates 12-15 persons – rental return fare(8,500-10,000/- BDT . CNG accommodates 5 persons rental return fare 2500/- to 3000 /-, as it is risky, so you should consider whether to hire it. Another transport system is the motorcycle, it accommodates 3 persons including the driver, return fare 1000/- to 1200/-.
- It will be a dream trip if you have own car or arrange a car from the starting point.
– At a glance of how to reach there (From Dhaka to the main spot) –
Address/ Contact no.
|Dhaka to Chittagong||Air||www.biman-airlines.com|
or google for more air details
|Dhaka to Chittagong||Railway||www.esheba.cnsbd.com|
Here are the Train Ticket Pricing Info
|Dhaka to Chittagong||Road||www.shymoliparibahan-bd.com or http://busbd.com.bd/|
|Chittagong to Khagrachhori||Road||BRTC Bus|
|Road||Local bus per head fare 45/-|
|Dhaka to Chittagong to Dighinala||Road/Bus||www.shantiparibahanbd.com|
|Dighinala to Sajek||Rent a Four wheels jeep, or|
Motorcycle (you can ride on local motorbikes with reasonable fare)
Foods and Meal Availability
Traditional hilly foods available in “System restaurant” located near at Khagrachhori town Pankhai para,
Runmoy resort is the best for the heavy meal in Sajek.
All resorts have food facilities.
Besides, one can participate in an indigenous family for lunch or dinner if the prior contact has done with them there.
Resort, Hotel & Motel
Recently some new accommodation facilities have developed there. Note that in Sajek, you can get fancy experience to stay at local indigenous peoples’ hut and also take their uncommon delicious foods. For that, you need to contact prior to them.
|Name of hotel/motel/cottage||Contact no.||Comment|
|Maintained by Bangladesh Army|
|Runmoy Resort||01862011852||tent facilities available|
|Alo Resort at Roilo para||0371-62067|
|Emanuel resort||Ordinary/common bath not ideal for a family|
*Dighinala guest house, Contact no. 01827468377
|Name of hotel/motel/cottage||Contact no.||Comment|
|Hotel EcoChori Inn||.0371-62625||in the hilly area.Resort type|
|Hotel Shoil Suborno||0371-61436|
Additional information For Travelling To Sajek, Rangamati
- Best time for traveling to Sazek is the winter (Because no rainfall there and you know the hill tracks are usually more dangerous to track in rainy season).
- For preventing mosquito bite, the body lotion is a must. You must take Odomus with you for better protection.
- Most of the electricity provided in Sajek from solar panel so power bank is relaxable and a must needed gadget.
- Carry sufficient drinking water bottles. Though you will find plenty of Stationery shops now in these days, still you should take a bottle with you full of water.
- Prior hotel booking must be ensured.
Have a nice trip!