Last Updated on July 21, 2023 by Aminul Haque Shahin
The National ID Card, also known as the NID Card, plays a crucial role in Bangladesh as it serves as proof of citizenship and is required for various purposes such as voting and opening bank accounts. With the advancement of technology, the Election Commission of Bangladesh has introduced an online system for checking the validity of NID Cards. This online system provides a secure and convenient way for individuals to verify the authenticity of their NID Cards from anywhere and at any time.
Benefits of checking National ID Card online
Checking the National ID Card online offers several benefits:
1. Convenience: The online system allows individuals to check the validity of their NID Cards without the need to visit the Election Commission office. It saves time and effort as the process can be done from the comfort of one’s home.
2. Quick and Easy: The online system is designed to be user-friendly, with a simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes. It requires basic information such as the NID number, name, and date of birth.
3. Fraud Prevention: By checking the NID Card online, individuals can verify the authenticity of their cards and prevent fraud or misuse. This helps in ensuring the security and integrity of personal information.
4. Accessibility: The online system is accessible to everyone with internet connectivity. It provides equal opportunities for individuals from all parts of the country to check the validity of their NID Cards.
5. Time-saving: Checking the NID Card online eliminates the need for manual verification processes, reducing the time required to verify the authenticity of the card. It provides quick results, allowing individuals to access their NID Card information promptly.
By utilizing the online system for checking the National ID Card, individuals can ensure the validity of their cards and protect themselves from identity theft and fraudulent activities. It is a convenient and effective way to verify the authenticity of 
II. NID Check Bangladesh Using Mobile SMS
If you don’t have access to the internet or prefer a simpler method, you can check your National ID Card (NID) information in Bangladesh using a mobile phone. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Open the messaging app on your mobile phone.
- Create a new message.
- Type “NID” followed by a space.
- Enter your date of birth in DD-MM-YY format, e.g., “DD-MM-YY”.
- Send the message to the number 105.
- Wait for a response from the government’s SMS service.
- The response will contain your NID details, including your name, date of birth, and NID number.
It’s important to note that this method only provides basic information about your NID. For more detailed information or to make corrections or updates, it is recommended to use the online NID checking method discussed earlier.
Benefits and limitations of this method
Using mobile SMS to check your NID in Bangladesh has its own set of advantages and limitations:
- Simple and easy to use, requiring only a mobile phone and the ability to send text messages.
- Can be used without an internet connection.
- Provides basic NID information quickly and without the need for additional steps.
- The information provided through SMS is limited and may not include detailed data or images.
- Cannot be used to make corrections or updates to NID information.
- May not be available for certain mobile phone operators or subscribers.
- Charges may apply for sending SMS, depending on your mobile network provider.
For more comprehensive NID services and to access detailed information and services, it is recommended to use the online method or visit the relevant government offices.
Remember to always verify the authenticity of any website or SMS service before sharing personal information or making any transactions.
III. NID Check Bangladesh Online
Checking your Bangladesh National ID Card (NID) online has become a convenient way to verify your identification and access important services. Whether you need to check the status of your NID, update your information, or replace a lost card, the online system provides a user-friendly interface to make the process hassle-free. Here is a step-by-step guide to checking your NID online:
Step-by-step guide to checking NID online
- Visit the official website of the Bangladesh Election Commission’s National ID Wing.
- Click on the “NID Online Services” section.
- Create an account to access the online services if you haven’t done so already. If you already have an account, log in using your credentials.
- Fill in the required information, such as your NID number and date of birth, to access your NID card information.
- Verify your identity through a face verification process, which ensures the security and accuracy of the system.
- Once your identity is verified, you can view and download your NID card online copy.
Registration process for new voters
If you are a Bangladeshi citizen who is 18 years of age or older, registering as a voter is essential for participating in the nation’s decision-making process. The registration process is ongoing, and if you meet the eligibility criteria, you can register as a voter. The required documents and steps for new voter registration include:
- Fill out Form-2 with accurate information.
- Provide necessary supporting documents, such as a passport, driving license, TIN certificate, utility bill copy, and parents’ or spouse’s ID card photocopies.
- Submit the application form along with the supporting documents to the respective Upazila/Thana Election Office for verification.
Importance of face verification in checking NID
Face verification is a crucial step in checking your NID online as it ensures the accuracy and security of the system. By verifying your identity through a face recognition process, the system prevents unauthorized access and ensures that the NID card information belongs to the correct individual. This adds an extra layer of protection and increases the reliability of the online NID card checking system.
You can learn more about the Bangladesh National ID Card and the online verification process on the official website of the National ID Wing.
IV. Common Issues and Solutions
Lost or damaged NID card
Losing or damaging your National ID (NID) card can be a distressing experience. However, there are solutions available to help you in such situations. Here’s what you can do if you have lost or damaged your NID card:
- Apply for a fresh NID card: If your NID card is lost or damaged, you can apply for a new one by contacting the NID Wing and submitting an application. They will issue a fresh NID card to you within a prescribed time and based on the required documents.
- Provide supporting documents: When applying for a fresh NID card, you may need to provide supporting documents such as your birth registration certificate, passport, driving license, marriage/divorce certificate, newspaper published circulation, magistrate court affidavit, or service book. These documents may be required as proof of corrected or updated information.
Migration of voter area
If you have registered as a voter but need to change your voter area, you can follow these steps for a smooth migration process:
- Fill up a migration form: To migrate your voter area, you need to fill up a migration form. These forms are available at the concern Upazila/Thana Election Offices.
- Submit the migration form for verification: After filling up the migration form, you need to submit it to the respective Upazila/Thana Election Office for verification. Make sure to attach a photocopy of your ID card with the migration form.
Updating information on NID card
If you need to update or correct information on your NID card, you can follow these steps:
- Apply with supporting documents: To update or correct information on your NID card, you must apply with the necessary supporting documents. These may include birth registration certificates, passport, driving license, marriage/divorce certificates, newspaper published circulation, magistrate court affidavits, service books, or any other required documents.
- SSC certificate as a priority: In all cases, if you are SSC qualified, your SSC certificate will be given priority for the updated information.
By following these steps, you can address common issues related to National ID (NID) cards in Bangladesh. Remember to contact the NID Wing or Upazila/Thana Election Offices for further guidance and assistance.