An equivalent to GCE A Level in England and 3rd and 4th year of High Schools in the US, HSC is a public examination taken across Bangladesh, Pakistan and many states of India. HSC stands for Higher Secondary Certificate and the exam is held to complete High School Education.
In Bangladesh, High School Education is separated into SSC (Secondary School Certificate) and HSC (Higher Secondary Certificate). Although SSC-Level is commonly known as High School level and HSC is College Level, both of these levels are considered part of High School Education.
Students who previously passed the SSC Exam are allowed to enroll in the HSC level. HSC-Level Education spans two years. Within this period, students are reared based on three distinctive departments: Science, Commerce, and Humanities.
A student in Bangladesh has to complete 10 years of education to be promoted to HSC level. 10 years of education involves passing Junior School Level and Secondary School Level. HSC Exam is sometimes referred to as Intermediate Exam due to the usage of such term during the reign of the British Raj.
HSC exam usually starts from April and lasts for a month. The result is published within 2 months of the held exam. 2 years of education, toiling preparation, lots of expectations come to an end on the day when the results are published. But, how to find your result on the day? This is the purpose of this article: to guide an HSC examinee, so they can easily find out their result.
Here’s how you can find out your result:
Method #1: How to Find your Result from the Official Website
The official website, linked with the Ministry of Education — which is tasked with publishing the HSC and Alim results, is www.educationboardresults.gov.bd. The website contains results all the way from 1996 up to the present time.
Here are the steps to follow for finding your result on educationboardresult.gov.bd:
- Visit educationboardresults.gov.bd. and select your examination typed. The type should be either HSC/Alim or HSC (BM), or HSC(Vocational).
- Click on Year and select the year your result is going to be published.
- Click on Board to select the Education Board you have appeared in the HSC Exam from.
- Type in your roll assigned to you during the HSC Exam to the Roll box.
- Input your Registration No.
- Finally fill out the CAPTCHA box. It should be a simple arithmetic problem.
- Click on Submit and you will be able to view your result.
Method #2: How to Find your Result by an SMS
Here are the steps you can follow to find your result through an SMS:
- Go to your phone’s Message/Messaging menu
- Write a new text message
- First write HSC, then space a word
- Write the first three words of your Board’s name. Here’s what I meant: DHA = Dhaka Board | COM = Comilla Board | RAJ = Rajshahi Board | JES = Jessore Board | CHI= Chittagong Board | BAR = Barisal Board | SYL = Sylhet Board | DIN =Dinajpur Board | TEC=Technical Board
- Write your HSC Roll No.
- Space a word, and write the year you took the exam
- Finally, send the text to 16222
Process: Exam Name <Space> Board Name <Space> Roll number <Space> Exam Year
Example: HSC DHA 123456 2016