Last Updated on May 3, 2019 by Aminul Haque Shahin
Do you know which private university in Bangladesh has the highest number of students?
Founded in 1994, Stamford University boasts the highest number of students in the country. Offering education for over 14,000 students, Stamford University is becoming the center for academic excellence in higher education.
Stamford University is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. And, it is the first university in Bangladesh to be ISO certified. The university offers both undergraduate and post-graduate programs across a broad range of subjects.
Being a private university with the highest number of students in the country, the university attracts thousands of students for enrollment.
If you are one of them willing to pursue your higher study at Stamford University, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I will discuss what you need to know before enrolling at the university.
Stamford University, Bangladesh: History
Stamford University, Bangladesh is a private university, located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The university was established in 2002 under the Private University Act. The university succeeded Stamford College, which was established in1994.
Later, Stamford College was upgraded and launched as Stamford University in 2002. The university is currently known as Stamford University, Bangladesh. It is the first university in Bangladesh to receive ISO certificate.
Stamford University, Bangladesh: University & Campus
Stamford University, Bangladesh is one of the most inexpensive universities in Bangladesh. The university features state-of-the-art research facilities, distinguished faculty members, rich library. Due to the avant-garde engineering departments of the university, the university is accredited by the IEB.
Moreover, the university is recognized by IAB for its Architecture department. The university has multiple campus buildings spread across the Metropolis of Dhaka. The university has campuses in Dhanmondi and Siddheshwari.
The Siddheshwari campus of Stamford University, Bangladesh covers departments, such as Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Microbiology.
The other departmental studies are taken in campus buildings scattered over Dhanmondi and Siddheshwari.
Stamford University, Bangladesh at a Glance
- Established: 1994
- Upgraded to Current Status: 2002
- Acronym: SUB
- Vice-Chancellor: Ali Naqi
- Academic Staff: 350
- Students: more than 26,000
- Location: 744, Satmosjid Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka 1209, Bangladesh
- Phone: +8802 815 3168, +8802 811 9956
- Degree Levels & Study Programs: Undergraduate and Post-graduate
- Website: stamforduniversity.edu.bd
Stamford University, Bangladesh: Admission Info
Admission Eligibility: Undergraduate Programs
- A candidate wishing to pursue bachelor’s and graduate study at Stamford University, Bangladesh must have a minimum GPA of 2.50 in both SSC and HSC examinations
- If you are an English medium candidate, you have to have passed Cambridge GCE ‘O’ level in at least 5 subjects. You have to have passed ‘A’ level in at least 2 subjects. The Stamford University admission committee will consider the best five subjects in ‘O’ level and best two subjects ‘A’ level.
- Out of these 7 subjects, a candidate must claim at 4 Bs or GPA of 4.00 in the four subjects. The candidate should have at least 3 C’s or GPA of 3.5 in the rest of the three subjects
- A candidate willing to study at Student University, Bangladesh must pass the Stamford University Admission Test Score
Stamford University, Bangladesh: Ranking
- Country Rank: 47th
- World Rank: 8527th
Contact Address of Stamford University, Bangladesh
744, Satmosjid Road, Dhanmondi
Tel : 58155834, 58151469, 58156122,9124161
Fax : 880-2-9143531
51, Siddeswari Road,
Tel : 58315626, 58315513, 9336932, 9336981, 9355967
E-mail: [email protected]
Stamford University, Bangladesh has been a pioneer in offering higher education in Bangladesh. If you wish to pursue your higher study at Stamford University, Bangladesh, then keep this page bookmarked. It contains everything related to admission, ranking, and the university’s history.